Furleigh Estate is a family run vineyard and winery in Dorset. We have been producing world class wines for more than 15 years.
An opportunity has arisen for a cellar hand, to assist with the production of our sparkling and still wines. This is a permanent full time position beginning with a 6-month probationary period.
- Assist with all winery tasks: harvest, preparation of base wines, blending, bottling, general organisation and cleaning.
- Riddling, disgorgement and labelling of wine.
- Maintenance of winery equipment including presses, pumps, disgorging machine and labelling line.
- Diligent record keeping.
- Basic laboratory analyses on juice and wine.
- Assist with vineyard tasks at peak times.
- Adherence to health and safety regulations.
- Passionate about winemaking.
- Flexible and willing to turn hand to a wide range of jobs.
- Comfortable with physical work.
- Organised and efficient with attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Able to demonstrate a passion for the wine industry/ products.
- Full clean driving licence.
It would also be helpful, but not essential, if the candidate had experience of:
- Working in a winery or vineyard.
- Forklift licence.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Cellar Hand” as the subject title. Successful candidates will be contacted regarding a mutually convenient date for interview. No agencies please.
All applications to be received by 7th December 2020.